In an emergency, every second counts. And so does every penny.
We need your help this winter – please give today.
The last 12 months have been some of the hardest we’ve ever seen. Families, communities and livelihoods have been destroyed through frequent and deadly extreme weather events – earthquakes, heatwaves, fires, floods, storms – and through ongoing and escalating conflict.
In a crisis, people’s lives depend on us being there. But we need your help, right now.
Why your donation matters to us
In an emergency, every second counts – every pair of hands makes a difference, and so does every penny. These are the moments that demand our best. And the faster and stronger our response, the more lives we can save and support in the aftermath.
But to be there for people, we need your help. With more and more disasters happening, and the need increasing, we're being stretched like never before. The rising costs that affect you, affect us as a charity as well.
We know there are more emergencies coming. And just like you, we have to do more with money that just doesn’t go as far as it used to.
So, if you think you can give something, please don’t wait.
Help the British Red Cross' work with a donation today.
Why do we ask for monthly donations?
A regular monthly donation to the charity helps us plan our work, because it helps us know how much income we’ll have in the future. It also allows you to plan your giving and gives you the flexibility to change it at any time.
And don’t ever think your gift is too small. Whatever you can give will help us be here for humanity – responding to emergencies, planning for future ones, and building strong, resilient communities in the UK and 192 other countries around the world.
People need us right now, and we need you.
Sign up to donate to the British Red Cross.
How your donation could help
Our teams in the UK and around the world are on the ground helping people in crisis. That might mean providing:
- food, clean water, shelter and clothing in an emergency
- emergency response services
- refugee support services
- support to victims of modern slavery and trafficking
- wheelchair services
- help to find missing family
If you're able to support the British Red Cross with a one-off or monthly donation, every time you hear about our work, you’ll know you’ve played a part in it.
- £5 could provide a community in Bangladesh with training on water sanitation and hygiene, helping people keep themselves healthy after a disaster.
- £12 could buy a hygiene pack for a refugee or person seeking asylum in the UK, giving them access to some of the basics no one should go without.
- £20 could give a parent in the UK the essential items they need to care for a newborn baby, when they have lost everything due to flooding.
- £50 could help a family in Nigeria prepare for when severe flooding hits again.
- £75 could keep 150 survivors of a fire at a block of flats in the UK warm, while we support them to find emergency accommodation for the night.
Donating to other Red Cross appeals
You can also donate to appeals that help people specifically affected by emergencies in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Libya, Afghanistan, Turkey-Syria, Somalia, Pakistan, Ukraine, Yemen, or Syria.
We refuse to ignore people in crisis. We help people cope with disasters, conflicts and personal crises in the UK and overseas.