Donate to help Yemen: a large humanitarian crisis
The situation is desperate. But we won’t give up on people in Yemen.
Millions are on the edge of starvation. Families are struggling to survive. Over two million are displaced by conflict. Medicines and medical supplies are extremely scarce. Only half of the country’s health facilities are fully functioning.
With the help of our supporters, we’re working with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to provide healthcare workers with medical supplies, and give communities access to health, sanitation, and hygiene services to slow the spread of dangerous diseases like cholera. We want to continue to provide food parcels, clean water, tents and essential household items like blankets, water containers and soap for people who’ve lost their homes.
But we can’t do this alone. Your support could mean help reaches people whose lives depend on it.
Please donate now. It could save lives.
I keep wondering what I can do for my children to make things easier for them.
Yemen appeal: key facts
- 20.7million people (70%) of the population require some form of humanitarian or protection support
- 16.2 million (53%) are food insecure
- 20.1 million (66%) have no access to healthcare
- Over 2 million children and 1.2 million pregnant or breastfeeding women suffer from malnutrition
- There have been over 2.5 million suspected cholera cases since the current outbreak started in October 2016
- So far this year an estimated 2,638 families have been displaced
How has the Red Cross helped people in Yemen?
The Red Cross is working in Yemen, providing food, water and medication to people who have been forced to flee their homes.
Thanks to your support, we helped provide: