Updated May 5 2021:
Don’t feel that your gift is too small to help. It isn’t.
Right now, the situation in India is critical.
Hospitals are full, streets are lined with ambulance queues, and crematoriums are running out of space. People are losing their loved ones at a frightening rate, with numbers of Covid-19 cases expected to rise dramatically.
Over 46,000 Red Cross staff and volunteers across India are supporting Covid-19 response efforts - providing oxygen, ambulance services, first aid, and PPE. But there are so many people who need our vital help.
Please, if you can, donate to our Global Coronavirus Appeal right now. Your donation will be spent helping people in India facing this terrifying second wave.
What could my donation provide?
• A Covid-19 prevention kit to a family or front-line worker to help keep them safe.
• An oxygen cylinder or oxygen concentrator to help someone breathe.
• An ambulance to transport those with Covid-19 to hospital.
How is the Red Cross supporting people in India?
• More than 31 million cooked meals and dry rations have been given to migrants and people in host communities.
• Red Cross has delivered medicines and food to more than 276,000 highly vulnerable people.
• More than 770,000 people have been assisted with psychosocial support.